RE: Debian Printing

I did the stop and start as you suggested and got replies that lpd was
stopped and started.  I do not know what you mean by "You did put printer
support in the kernel or a kernel module, right?"  My understanding is that
I am using modules and I added the lp module with modconfig.  Is there
another "printer" module that needs added?  I see a "parport" and a
"parport_pc" under misc where the lp module is.  And, there is a line "alias
parport_lowlevel parport_pc" in the /etc/conf.modules file.