Re: DriveReady SeekComplete Error

Dear Eric,

Thank you very much for your answer.! The Ttings which are related to DMA
in my present kernel configurations are the following:

CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA=y
CONFIG_IDEDMA_AUTO=y

If I understand correctly your solution, I should say No to
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA. Is that correct?

One thing that I would like to be sure is that my hard disk does not have
any harware problem, because in that case I would just go to the retailer
and have it replaced.

Following the CONFIG_BLK_DEV_IDEDMA help I have just installed the
hdparm utility. The help says that with hdparm one can
"enable DMA for drives for which it was not enabled automatically".
Would this another possible solution?

Sorry for asking so many questions! I realy would like to understand this
problem; not just solve it!

                                     Fernando