equivs problem-o

Hola~

I'm trying to use equivs to update the debian database so that I can once
again use apt-get. Essentially, I have an NVidia card so I had to install
XFree86 4.0 and NVidia's OpenGL implementation.

I use equivs-control to build a ctl file. I remove the Readme, Changelog, and
Extra File lines. equivs-build complains:

    dh_installchangelogs
    parsechangelog/debian: error: badly formatted trailer line, at changelog line 5
    dh_installchangelogs: changelog parse failure
    make: *** [binary-arch] Error 1
    Error during the build process: Illegal seek at /usr/bin/equivs-build line 162, <IN> chunk 44.

Anyone else seen this? I've tries everything from leaving the Changelog: tag
in but blank and building a bogus Changelog file.

I'm using equivs 2.0 (but this problem also occurs w/ 1.9x.

MO