bad package install help!!

hello list:

recently i tried to install ipmasqadm from a tar

i ran into some dependency issues and decided to look for a deb
i couldn't so i turned a rpm into a deb w/ alien

the problem i have now is that the ipmasqadm.deb package will not install properly because of my previous attempt of installing the tar. I have tried to remove all the link and folders, but can't get it to install right. I look good, no errors, but it doesn't create the folders or /sbin/application.

How do i force an install with dpkg?
also, where can i see if i had errors?