RE: Which window manager

> From: Dinesh Nadarajah [mailto:dindin2k@yahoo.com]
>
> I am looking for a window manager for debian that will
> not soakup the system resources. Which one would you
> suggest?

If you're going to run Gnome, I'd suggest using Helix-Gnome (on Woody) and
the version of Sawfish that comes with it. Sawfish is really bare-bones in
some ways, but Gnome handles everything else quite well. Sawfish is very
extensible and programmable in Lisp, which is a big selling point for me.
This is what I use now.

Without using Gnome, I'd suggest WindowMaker. I used it for quite a while,
too.

Enlightenment can really use up CPU cycles, though it's not too bad if you
turn off most of the eye-candy (in which case, why use it?).
Gnome+Enlightenment is so slow starting up I almost thought I must've
accidently booted into my Windows NT4 partition...

I'm afraid I don't know much about the others available.

Larry