RE: find question

> dir1 and dir2 are web sites themselves.
>
> I want to know if anyone has accessed dir1 within the last 60 days.  I've
> been using find like this:
> $ find dir1 -atime 60 -print
>
> Is this the correct command?

looks sane, although I think atime is only set on files.  Also, some people
turn off atime writing for a speed gain.

> Is there an easier or alternative way to find this out without looking at
> the logs?

there are log analyzers out there.  They give all kinds of great stats.  look
on freshmeat.net

> How does "find" check on this anyway?

each file on the hard drive has data stored with it about its size, permisions,
time created, etc.  This is the same data ls prints.  To see what find is
doing, read the man page for stat.