Re: rank newbie - no mouse

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000 06:34:50 sido wrote:

> I installed Debian Linux and everything works great except for X which
> looks fine except the mouse doesn't move.  I've re-installed the OS 3
> times now and searched for help on the mouse but not come up with much.  I
> tried to run mouseconfig but couldn't find it.
>
> The mouse is a 3-button mouse, manufacturer Digital.
>
> ls -l  /dev/mouse
>
> /dev/mouse	-> ttyS0
>
> That doesn't seem right to me but I can't figure out how to change it
> either.

If the mouse is a serial mouse attached to the first serial port ttyS0 is
correct.

The program to setup X configuration is called XF86Setup. I does not list any
'Digital' mouse, however, but you could experiment with the different setting (
tou can navigate the window using 'tab' key and press the selected button using
'enter'.

Good luck.
--
FB