Re: linux + wan (frame relay)

Hi!

Two years ago I had the same doubt and evaluated some options. I finally
decided to go for a small cisco router for the following reasons:
- At that time the linux kernel didn't do traffic shaping
- WAN boards were expensive and did'n have direct support
  in my country (Portugal)
- Cisco hardware is probably more reliable than a PC with one board
  in it (I confirmed this since we still use Linux for the internal router
  and firewall all along with the cisco router for the Internet
  connection - PC's do fail a lot and the cisco router never failed)

What we lost with this decision was:
- Traffic logging and statistics
- Efficient line monitoring
- Free software upgrades

If you are serious about this connection, spend a little bit more
and buy a dedicated router or be prepared to switch PC's very fast when the
the CPU hangs, the RAM fails or motherboard burns.

Hope this helps!

Fernando