Re: Need help with installing Debian on a COMPAC PRESARIO 5716

On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Preben Randhol wrote:

> Marcio Rosa da Silva <marcio@exatas.unisinos.br> wrote on 30/06/2000 (16:19) :
> >
> > http://www.debian.org/releases/slink/i386/ch-install-methods.en.html
> >
> > There is a explanation about the methods of installing Debian. Do you
> > have a win/dos partition? The way I like more is to install the base
> > system from hard disk and the other packages from CD.
>
> Thanks.
>
> OK so I have to install slink first. I just got a tip that F10 is the
> key I should try to access the BIOS, but now I have this method as
> backup if it should not work.

This method is for potato too. Just get the images from the CDs you have.

Marcio

 * MARCIO ROSA DA SILVA                    e-mail: marcio@exatas.unisinos.br
 * Assistant Professor                             mrsva@iname.com
 * Electrical Engineering Department
 * Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos - UNISINOS
 * Av. Unisinos, 950
 * Sao Leopoldo - RS - Brazil
 * Phone: +55 51 590-3333 R:1781/1782
 *   FAX: +55 51 590-8172