Re: free Internet access

On 30-Jun-2000 11:32:35 David Wright wrote:
> Quoting Michalowski Thierry (Thierry.Michalowski@edipresse.ch):
>> Well,
>> did you ever notice that you don't give us at least a clue of
>> where you live?
>> Even your mail address is a .net, which doensn't help either.
>> So, I might say there is one cool ISP in Australia or in
>> Switzerland and that
>> probably won't help you if you live in Argentina...
>
> Well here's one clue:
>
>> > M.J. Inabnit, KE6SLS     e-mail      ke6sls@arrl.net
>> > 707-442-6579 h/m                     707-441-7096 p
>
> Eureka! The person is probably from Northern California and doesn't
> know
> the country's dialling code, or hasn't realised that these posts
> travel
> to readers in other countries.

This phone number is from Eureka, California.  I live in the same
area and I know there is one free provider with an access number in
Blue Lake, a local call for Eureka.  The problem is that they do not
yet offer Linux versions of their software.  The one service that
does offer Linux software has no access number in this area.

--
Andrew