Re: problems with "options" in modules.conf

On Wed, Jun 28, 2000 at 07:11:00PM +0100, David Wright wrote:

> then my reaction would be to put an
> extra printk or two into the kernel source and see what it's actually
> doing.
>
> 2.2.10 has:
>
>   MOD_INC_USE_COUNT;
>   printk("ide-cd: will ignore %s\n", ignore);               <---------
>   while ((drive = ide_scan_devices (ide_cdrom, ide_cdrom_driver.name, NULL, failed++)) != NULL) {
>     /* skip drives that we were told to ignore */
>     if (ignore != NULL)
>       printk("ide-cd: checking drive %s\n", drive->name);   <---------
>       if (strstr(ignore, drive->name)) {
>         printk("ide-cd: ignoring drive %s\n", drive->name);
>         continue;
>       }

2.2.15 code is the same as the 2.2.10, as what regards this part. Adding
these extra printk showed me that the string ignore is composed only by the
first word, even if actually there are more than one. i.e if i put:

options ignore='aa hdb hdc'
it will just appear:
ide-cd: will ignore aa

I tried to find where does ignore come from and I found that it's determined
by a function called MODULE_PARM(), which does not belong to ide-cd.c so I
think the problem does not belong to the ide-cd module. But I couldn't do
anything more 'cause my programming knowhow is very limited. anyway, thanks
again for your hints.
Bye!