SSL for smtp & pop

Maybe this is not quite a relevant question should be posted on this
mailing list, but I'd be very grateful if anyone can give me quick &
correct answers to the following questions:

Q.1/ I have a mail server running Debian/GNU Linux Potato 2.2 w/ kernel
2.2.15.  Is there any open source utilities I can use to enable SSL
support for both pop & smtp?

Q.2/ Do Outlook Express 5.0 onwards & Netscape 4.6 onwards offer SSL
support for both pop & smtp?  If they do not, any other mail clients do?

Thank you for your quick help!