Re: Procmail problems

Excerpt from 'man procmail' :

Suspicious rcfile "x"  The  owner  of the rcfile was not the recipient or root, the
file was world
                              writable, or the directory that contained it was world
writable,  or  this
                              was the default rcfile ($HOME/.procmailrc) and either
it was group writable
                              or the directory that contained it was group writable
(the rcfile  was  not
                              used).

HTH
Thierry Michalowski

Mário Filipe wrote:

> Hi
>
> A couple of days ago, I sent a message to this list about procmail. Meanwhile i
> had problems with my mail and never saw the awnsers, if there were any.
>
> I did get a glimpse at one of the awnsers (probably the only one) that
> mentioned permissions.
>
> So I tryed with several permissions including 0777 and always procmail says it
> is a suspicios rcfile and that it can't read it.
>
> So I made another experiment. I copied mt rcfile to root ran cat mbox | formail
> -d procmail and voila. It worked.
>
> Any ideas on what is going on here.
>
> BTW: Anyone knows if there is a mailing list devoted to procmail ?
>
> Thanks
>
> --
>         Mario Filipe
>         mjnf@uevora.pt
>         http://neptuno.sc.uevora.pt/~mjnf
>
> --

Thierry Michalowski                                     /
Edipresse Publications S.A                 \\\' ,      / //
Informatique de Production                  \\\//    _/ //'
33,av. de la gare                            \_-//' /  //'
1001 LAUSANNE SUISSE                           \ ///  //'
phone: +41 21 349 46 26                        /  >>   \\\`
mailto:Thierry.Michalowski@edipresse.ch       /,)-^>>  _\`
"Unix is user-friendly...                           //  //\\\
It is just selective about who its friends are"    ((`
This message has been checked with GRIMEsweeper which has detected a virus
embedded in this plain text message. You should now delete your entire hard
drive and rinse your eyes with soapy water to ensure it doesn't spread.