rarpd support

Okay - who whipped rarp support out of kernel 2.4 ?

I have a couple sun 3/50s here acting as xterminals, and without rarpd they
don't know their IPs.  dhcpd can't handle that functionality the same -
what can I do?

I have tried dhcpd.deb which can't do it
I've downloaded and compiled and installed rarpd from freebsd, solaris, and
linux - no joy.
The official statement is to get rarpd source from a stated site, and
compile it, but it depends on libnet and libpcap - both of which are
twitchy.

The only option I really have left is to return to 2.2.x... any
suggestions?
--
Criggie