Re: Installing ssh

Bob Bernstein <PooBah@ruptured-duck.com> wrote:
>On Mon, Jun 26, 2000 at 03:00:34PM -0700, Jay Kelly wrote:
>> /var/lib/dpkg/info/ssh.postinst: db_stop: command not found
>
>Weird. iirc that's a debconf function. Not sure why it can't be found. Mebbe
>upgrade debconf?

One of the bugs against ssh comments that ssh.postinst doesn't end with
a newline, which may be the problem.

However, ssh only Suggests: debconf, rather than depending on it; as a
result, 'db_stop' needs to be protected with 'test -e
/usr/share/debconf/confmodule' in the same way as all the other debconf
calls in ssh.postinst are. I've pointed this out as a follow-up to one
of the bug reports on this issue.