Re: Use of typescript

Jay Kelly wrote:
> Hello all
> I want to post some error messages I am having with ssh and am
> trying to use script command but I cant get it to work with
> email. Here is what Im doing. I first creat the email,
> save it, then cat typescript >>/tmp/mutt-348-8.
> when I look at the email nothing has changed, but when I look
> at /tmp/mutt-348-4 the output of script has been moved there.
> How do I copy the information from script to  an email?

What editor are you using with mutt?  Check that editor for a command to
include another file.  Under emacs, it's Ctrl-x then i  Other editors
probably have something similar.

Alternatively, you could try doing a copy and paste with the mouse.  Left
button to highlight, middle button (or left and right simultaneously with a
2 button mouse) to paste.

Or you could simply attach the script output file to the email.  After
editing your message, when you get the mutt screen where you would press y
to send the message press a instead.  You'll be prompted for the filename to
attach.  As usual, hit ? for the directory browser.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
                              |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"
'91 GS500E                    |
Morgantown WV                 |  Only dead fish go with the flow.