Re: annoucement: auto-login patch for xdm

I have this script as /etc/init.d/startmyx.  It auto-logs me in on tty9, and
xdm can still run on tty7.

It could be modified to run xdm after startx finishes.

So my question is: who really needs a patch to xdm?

"Real hackers mostly think crackers are lazy, irresponsible, and not very
bright, and object that being able to break security doesn't make you a
hacker any more than being able to hotwire cars makes you an automotive
engineer."
   -- The Hacker HOWTO

Dwayne C. Litzenberger - dlitz@cheerful.com

See the mail headers for GPG/advertising/homepage information.
#!/bin/sh
# /etc/init.d/startmyx: start or stop primary user's X session
FLAGS="defaults 99"

set -e

PATH=/usr/local/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/X11R6/bin:/bin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/usr/sbin
DAEMON=/usr/X11R6/bin/startx
PIDFILE=/var/run/myx.pid

test -x $DAEMON || exit 0

case "$1" in
  start)
    #[ "$2" != "now" ] && sleep 8s
    echo -n "Starting X session: startx"
    cd ~dwon
    /bin/su - dwon -c "/usr/X11R6/bin/startx -- :2 vt9 -dpi 100 -deferglyphs all" </dev/tty9 >/dev/tty9 2>&1 & echo $! >$PIDFILE
    echo "."
  ;;

  restart)
    /etc/init.d/startmyx stop
    /etc/init.d/startmyx start
  ;;

  stop)
    echo -n "Stopping X session: startx"
    kill `cat $PIDFILE` || echo -n " not running"
    echo "."
  ;;

  *)
    echo "Usage: /etc/init.d/startmyx {start|stop|restart}"
    exit 1
    ;;
esac

exit 0