dselect installation problem

Hi,

I'm trying to install Debian. I got an old CD from a friend of mine, installed it and got my network (through a cable modem) to work and then was able to apt-get what I needed. After that I did a dselect and got a bunch of files downloaded. When I try to install though the following happens:

It looks for files etc yada... then I get:
E: Internal Error, couldn't configure a pre-depend.
After that the program tells me it has an error that I must fix. I have to press enter and go on and then I get:
installation script returned error exit status 100

Does anybody have any ideas??? Please help!!!!

Thanx in advance!

// Stefan