Install problem

Dear debain/linux team:
I am a new user of linux. I just bought the CD set
from the linuxmall. But I got a problem when I
installed it on my intel-486DX66(HD:2.1G, Mem: 21M).
At the begaining: it could not be booted from the CD.
I made a flopy disk, it worked well untill to the step
"installing the kernal and modulas". I intended to
install it from the CD. I selected the CD-ROM and
...hdc.... it told me that the cd-rom was not mounted
successfully. I tried to made a option at the begining
of boot: linux hdc=cdrom. It did not work. The start
checking list showed: hdc not response (....xffs=0),
cdrom (?). next step was the same problem.
Luckly, after I boot from MSDOS, I could reach the CD
and boot from it (/install/boot.bat), it was OK untill
the same step as mentioned above. So, I could not
install it successfully.
Please give me a answer asap. It made me a little
despair.
By the way, in the instruction, you mentioned disable
the shadow RAM, but, when my PC boot, it always
showed: OK RAM shadow although I disabled the
selection in bios: veido ROM Shadow c0000?: disable. I
am not sure if the install problem came from it. Also
give me a answer how to disable it.
I serched the FAQ, could not find answer.
My CD-ROM model: sony CDU33A double speed.

Thank you.