Re: ops I deleted /etc/default?deleted /etc/default?

Tim Webster wrote:

> Stupid me I deleted the /etc/default? directory.
>
> I have no idea what was in that directory.
> Seems it contained some rather importanted stuff.
> If someone could tar up their /etc/default directory it would be great.
> Then I could use that /etc/default tar ball as guidance so that I can
> recreat mine.
>
> I am still able to bring the machine online, with a hand job, but its just
> barely.
>
> -Thanks guys.
> I need this today if possible.

I'll send what I have in another reply, not to the list, but
I have doubt that it'll do you much good, since it seems to
be installation-dependent, having files needed by the particular
software configuration installed (IOW installation set).

It is apparently not like /etc/skel...

I'll attach a .tar.gz, and also paste in a uuencode...