Re: netscape]

----- Forwarded message from Tim Webster <tdwebste@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca> -----

Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 16:26:24 -0400
From: Tim Webster <tdwebste@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
To: Bolan.Meek@wcom.com, bolan@koyote.com
Cc: Jake Stowell <js8319@csc.albany.edu>,
        debian <debian-user@lists.debian.org>
Subject: Re: netscape

On Fri, Jun 23, 2000 at 02:57:40PM -0500, Bolan Meek wrote:
> Jake Stowell wrote:
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > I just upgraded from potato to woody and all seemed fine, that is until
> > i attempted to run netscape/netscape messenger.  i was wondering if
> > anyone else was having similar problems and what I should do about it.
> > i am a relatively new user, so i am not entirely sure what to do in this
> > type of situation.  any help is greatly apprecitated.
>
> It would be helpful if you were to give more details,
> such as quoting error messages, etc.  The range of
> possibilities of software problems are so wide ranging
> that diagnosis without a symptom report is impossible.

I think there is a problem with the "netscape" startup script.
Please see the for loop around line 277.
It contains a syntax error, which is easy to fix.
But sourcing all those files it wants to doesn't make any sence.
It's trying to source directories and a README file.
I will send you a patch as soon as my linux host is back.
Stupid me I removed the /etc/default? directory. Send me a tar ball of
that directory so I can put it back you. I will give you my netscape patch.

-Thanks
-Tim.