Re: Install X windows Command??

Debiandomain wrote:

> Hi Group,
> I just noticed X windows didnt install after doing a fresh install of slink.
> How do I install it? Do I use dkpg or something? I normally install it with
> everyhting else but I guess I forgot to select it or something.
> Thanks
>
> --

You could use dselect and select the package xserver-xxxx ( e.g.
xserver-svga ), where xxxx depends on the kind of graphic card you have.
dselect will pick all
the packages needed to by the server (not the client apps, however).

Then you have to run XF86Setup to configure X.

I usually initially install also the package xserver-vga16, which will
give you low'resolution X (16 colors, 640x480 pixels) in case XFree86
does not support your graphic card.

Ciao
--
FB