Re: Sendmail, Mutt configuration

"Debiandomain" <neutec@debiandomain.com> wrote:
>I just install sendmail on frozen then I installed mutt. I can send mail
>with now problems, but when I try to receive mail using fetchmail I see that
>it downloads it from my ISP but when I run mutt there is no mail. The first
>time I ran mutt it could find my mail box /var/spool/mail/$USER so I tried
>'touch /var/spool/mail/$USER' and now mutt will open with no complaints. But
>I still have now mail and I know there should be mail. I have had this
>problem in the past and somehow got it working by removing and reinstalling
>mutt. Then mutt will ask if I would like for it to create my mailbox. This
>time I cant seem to get it to do it. Is there some special way to install
>mutt?

If there is no mail coming into that mailbox, then the problem has
nothing to do with mutt! mutt only reads the stuff. Check the delivery
parts of your sendmail configuration. Check that mail isn't actually
arriving somewhere like ~/Mail/inbox or ~/mail/inbox instead (and if it
is then you might prefer to leave it that way).