samba share cannot umount

I have a remote unix drive mounted to my linux box via samba.  Whenever
the unix server goes down, which it often does, I get samba errors on my
linux box and I cannot umount the drive.

The samba error is:

smb_retry signal failed, error=-3

When I try to umount the drive, I get:

umount: /mnt/csda: device is busy

I have two questions.  The obvious one is, how do I umount the drive.
The second question is, if I just leave it mounted and wait for the
server to come back up, will it cause any problems for them?  Will it
cause any problems for me, other than getting this periodic error
message?

Thanks.

--

Brian J. Stults