Booting to offboard controler using LILO

This is my first post to any Debian list, so I hope I have selected the
correct list...

My stuff:

	System:	Abit BP6 w/ dual Celeron 300s.

	HD:	WD 8.4 ata66

	CDROM:	generic

	Kernel:	2.2.x w/ IDE patch
		or 2.4.0-test1

	Dist:	Potato

	Debian user since 1997.

What I can do:

I can set up a floppy to boot the kernel and mount the offboard HD as
root.  I can set the HD (and have had it this way for some time) to boot
form the regular IDE port.

What I can't do:

I can not get the right combination of Lilo config and BIOS setup to
boot my HD from the onboard HPT366 controller!

I get the following with every thing I try:

	LI

Is lilo unable to boot off of the ATA66 controler?
If not, how should I set up LILO to boot from the offboard controller?
What about BIOS and Kernel options?

Thank You,

Scott Bailey