apt-get via proxy in Potato

Up until recently apt-get has been sucessfully downloading packages from the net through a MS Proxy Server at my site.

I then dist-upgraded to Potato, but now it can't get past the proxy.  It says 'connecting to internet' (which happens to be the proxy name), but doesn't get any further.  wget on the same machine works fine through the proxy.

The only config I have done for the proxy is the appropriate exported http_proxy environment variable

Anyone have any ideas about this?

- Chris Kenrick