Re: /dev/hda1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY: RUN fsck MANUALLY.

Jay Kelly <neutec@pacbell.net> wrote:
>I am having a problem getting my Potato box to boot. I just installed a Half
>Life Game server and it has been working great all day. I tried to read my
>mail and after typing mutt I get an error: can't create a temporary
>filenames. So then I did a reboot and when it comes to checking /dev/hda1 I
>get another error:
>/dev/hda1: UNEXPECTED INCONSISTENCY: RUN fsck MANUALLY.

Just as a sanity check: you did reboot by way of a clean shutdown,
didn't you? If not, do; if so, then you may have hardware problems, so
make sure you have backups of anything important.

>so how do I fix this? Was this coaused by Hale Life I installed?

I suppose it *could* have been caused by the game. Were you running the
server as root?

>And how do I run fsck?

'man fsck'.