device permisions to non root users ?$@"?

Hi.

I want a non root to be able to use the CDROM (to
listen to NIN while programming!:), after reading an
answer to this list to a similar question I did:

addgroup mark cdrom

to add user mark to the CDROM group but still cant
access!.

/dev/cdrom is a link to /dev/hda and this shows:
rwx r-x ---  root cdrom /dev/hda (group cdrom rx
permisions)

I checked that user mark is actually added to group
cdrom (in /etc/group you read cdrom: mark)

Any ideas ?, ( root can listen to NIN:( )

Regards to all and thanks, Mark