How to make iso8859-2 fonts the default ones in X? (and the "dirty" solution...)

Hi All,

In the old good slink, there was xfntil2 package (or something like this)
which installed the iso-8859-2 fonts in the /usr/lib/X11/fonts/*-il2 dirs.
So I could just add this dirs on the begining of the FontPath in the XF86Config,
so that these fonts were defaults. It was very usefull for such i18n-dumb
applications like xfig, siag and many others.
Unfortunately in potato the xfonts-intl-european package, places all fonts
in the /usr/lib/X11/fonts/* dirs, so it is impossible to use the old good trick.

I have one idea how can it be done, but this is very dirty trick.
I'm going to create the /usr/local/xfonts-il2/* directories (* stands for
75dpi 100dpi and so on...) and symlink all iso-8859-2 fonts into the appropriate
directories (probably it can be done with a perl script, maybe someone knows
about such a beast ready for use? otherwise I'll have to write it by my own).
Then of course I'll call the mkfontdir for these new dirs.
In the XF86Config I'll add these new dirs on the begining of the FontPath.

Does anybody knows the better solution?

--

			TIA
			Wojtek Zabolotny