Re: Writing man pages in anything other than troff

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> writes:

> > Are there any good tools for writing man pages other than troff?
>
> Most of us use text editors to write man pages.

I was actually going to do something like `cat /dev/audio > file.1',
but now you got me thinking... ;^)

> While I won't say that it _couldn't_ be done with troff, I certainly
> don't know how.

Oh, we're being *so* witty!

> As for the question in your subject, if it isn't an nroff source
> file, it isn't a man page.

Thank you for pointing out three obvious things, you are very helpful!
But...

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough. It's just that I find writing in
straight troff format a pain.

I was looking for a different _formatting language_ to write a man
page in, later to be converted into troff by some _tool_.

Joey Hess suggested `pod', and after a quick look into the
documentation it seems like the kind of thing I was looking for.
--
Arcady Genkin
Thanks God I'm still an atheist! -- Luis Bunuel