Two delete keys with xemacs

Hi,

I'm xemacs21 (21.1.10-1), and I find that both my delete key and my
backspace key are registering as the keystroke "DEL" under xemacs.
However, under xkeycaps and xev, the backspace key is generating
"Backspace", and the delete key is generating "Delete".

I'm not doing any Xmodmap remapping.

I didn't notice this problem with 21.1.8-2, although I'm not sure that
that was because I had separate Backspace and Delete keys, or because
the old default of (setq delete-key-deletes-forward nil) which was
changed in 21.1.9-2 meant that I got the backspace behaviour with both
Delete and Backspace.

Any ideas anyone?

Here are the package versions involved:

ii  xemacs21-bin   21.1.10-1      Editor and kitchen sink -- support binaries
ii  xemacs21-suppo 21.1.10-1      Editor and kitchen sink -- architecture inde
ii  libc6          2.1.3-10       GNU C Library: Shared libraries and Timezone
ii  libncurses5    5.0-6          Shared libraries for terminal handling
ii  xlib6g         3.3.6-7        shared libraries required by X clients
ii  xserver-svga   3.3.6-7        X server for SVGA graphics cards
ii  xserver-common 3.3.6-7        files and utilities common to all X servers

Thanks,
--
Tim Bell -- bhat@trinity.unimelb.edu.au -- System Administrator -- 9349 0466