Re: exim & mailing lists

Petr [Dingo] Dvorak wrote:
> hi,
>
> well, this is the deal, all the mailing lists what i'm on have X-Mailing-List
> field in the message header, and i would like exim to mangle the Reply-To
> header so it contains whatever is in the X-Mailing-List [if there is one],
> because replying to a mailing lists is 99% of my outgoing mail and however this
> is the 'bad' (TM) thing to do, i still preffer to send reply only to the list
> :) i would really appreciate if someone would tell me how to do this.

Instead of trying to mangle headers, use what mutt has available.  If you
tell mutt what mailing lists you are on, it'll do a reply only to the list
when you hit L (yes, uppercase).  To do this, you'll edit your ~/.muttrc
Here's the relevant portion from mine:

# - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
#
# Identify mailing lists I subscribe to
#
#       lists <list-name> [ <list-name> ... ]

lists debian-user debian-hams linux-newbie linux-hams suzuki-bikes \
      suzuki-l suzuki-gs-twin piclist uclinux gnupic linux-assembly \
      wvuarc debian-laptop
subscribe debian-user debian-hams linux-newbie linux-hams suzuki-bikes \
      suzuki-l suzuki-gs-twin piclist uclinux gnupic linux-assembly \
      wvuarc debian-laptop

I'm not too sure what the exact difference between email lists that are
listed under the lists entry, and the email lists that are listed under the
subscribe entry.  So I put 'em all in both to be on the safe side.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
                              |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"
'91 GS500E                    |
Morgantown WV                 |  Only dead fish go with the flow.