Re: getting a proper mail setup?

On Fri, Jun 16, 2000 at 06:55:49PM -0400, Cyanide Morgoth Calcuterm wrote:

> 01987HTAVr      RCPT TO:<root@localhost>
> 01987HTAV#      -- policy result=-2, msg: <NONE!>
> 01987HTAVw      553 5.4.3 Policy analysis found DNS error on the target
> domain.

> I assume that the problem has something do do with how the client is getting
> the data for my local SMTP server but I really can't figure out what's exactly

The problem is that you have configured fetchmail to try to deliver mail
to "root@localhost" (I believe this is what it does if you don't specify
the domain part of the recipient e-mail address when configuring it).
You need to either configure zmailer to accept mail addressed in the way
fetchmail is presenting it or configure fetchmail to present mail in a
way that zmailer will accept.  The latter can be done by simply
specifying the correct domiain part when you tell fetchmail about the
local users ("user foo is correct@local.domain").

            http://www.tardis.ed.ac.uk/~broonie/