Re: uncompressing kernel

On Sat, 17 Jun 2000, Jacob Stowell wrote:
> is compressed in a .bz2 format.  i am new to this and my last kernel was
> gzipped which i know how to handle.  also right now i only have

Install package bzip2. Now, use bzip2 instead of gzip, as in "bzip2 -d"
instead of "gzip -d".

Also, tar -I<whatever> instead of tar -z<whatever> will read .tar.bz2 files
instead of .tar.gz files.

Since you're dealing with kernels under Debian, have a look at the
kernel-package package if you haven't done it yet. It makes things much
easier, and it is more foolproof.

  Henrique Holschuh