Re: problem reading vim online dox

On Thu, Jun 15, 2000 at 10:47:31PM -0700, Aaron Maxwell was only
   escaped alone to tell thee:

> In vim, if I type
>   :help
> I get
>   Sorry, help file "/usr/share/vim/vim56/doc/help.txt" not found
>   Press RETURN or enter command to continue
> I get this _exact_ same error message if i type any other help command, eg
>   :help uganda

Ah, it's not just me. Vim seems to expect the contents of
/usr/share/vim/vim56 to be in /usr/share/vim .

My quick and dirty fix before you look/leap was:

su
cd /usr/share/vim
mv vim56/* .
rmdir vim56
ln -s . vim56

We should check the bug reports. At the time, I was to busy upgrading and
then I forgot.

--
i'm determined to stand, whether god  |=|  bedlam@concentric.net
will deliver me or not. -- bob dylan  |=|  www.cris.com/~bedlam