Re: From:-line in Mutt

Sven Burgener wrote:
> Hi
>
> In my yet still very empty ~/.muttrc I have the following line:
>
> my_hdr From: Sven Burgener <svenb@bluewin.ch>
>
> Now, this doesn't seem to do what I want: the domain I have here at home
> is made up and Exim doesn't like this when it's trying to deliver a mail
> I previously created with mutt:
>
> <ERROR>
>   svenb@bluewin.ch:
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM:<svn@hp.homelan.ch>
> SIZE=1583:
>     host mail.bluewin.ch [195.186.1.68]:
>     501 <svn@hp.homelan.ch>... Sender domain must exist
> </ERROR>
>
> So, what part of the header needs changing so that I can mail with mutt?

The way I handled this same problem here was not to try and have mutt do the
change, but to have exim do the envelope rewrite.  The line in the
/etc/exim.conf that does this is:

mike@earthlink.net reznaeous@earthlink.net bcfrF

The username on the box here is mike, and I have exim thinking that the
domainname for my computer is earthlink.net ... which is the domainname of
my ISP.  I wasn't feeling too terribly original when I was doing the setup.

That line is at the very end of my exim.conf - I'm not sure if it's
important where in the file that line is, but that's where the original file
had something similar.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD           |  "Where do you want to go today?"
                              |  "As far from Redmond as possible!"
'91 GS500E                    |
Morgantown WV                 |  Only dead fish go with the flow.