Re: Still about fetchmail...

"PAM,Thomas" wrote:

> Ok, but i'm a complete ignorant on the building process. I don't even know
> what lex is !!!
> could you give me more details about the need of lex or flex??
> thanks ,
> pamz!

Sorry, I can't really help you there, since I don't have a lot
experience in building my own packages.

IIRC lex is a lexical analyser generater, which means that it takes some
regexp's and rules from an input file and generates some C-Code to scan
for those regexp's.  Judging from the error message you posted on the
net, I assume that fetchmail uses lex to generate (part of) the code
that scans the .fetchmailrc file and encouters an error in its input
file (rcfile_1.1), but I am just guessing here.

The fetchmail FAQ isn't very detailed either, it just mentions to
install flex instead of using lex.  I'm sure, you can find flex on
http://www.freshmeat.net/ and if installing doesn't help, you could
check out the fetchmail-friends mailing list mentioned in the FAQ.

MfG Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld
E-Mail:		mailto:rosenfel@informatik.hu-berlin.de