Re: macintosh

On Wed, Jun 14, 2000 at 09:06:15PM -0400, wolf wrote:
> I have an old macintosh performa 550 which was upgraded to a powermac LC
> 550 is it possible to run and install linux on this machine? and if so
> where can I find the download?
> thanks : )

at http://www.debian.org/distrib/, there's useful information for
initial installs; also, see http://www.debian.org/distrib/ftplist
for the mirror nearest you, and dril down through
debian/dists/[frozen|slink|whatever]/*/ and find:

binary-m68k/        Tue Jun 13 20:51:00 2000 Directory
binary-powerpc      Wed Apr  7 00:00:00 1999 Symbolic link

(looks like the powerpc item is just a link to the old 68k
rendition, which is not the best situation in the world
for powerpc mac users.)

at least we can run a version of debian on our old macs
in theory--whether your particular hardware upgrades
altered the feasibility or not is something you have to
determine on your own...

best of luck!