Re: startx command

Those are: /etc/init.d/xdm and all symlinks in /etc/rc<X>.d that look
something like S<number>xdm (the K<number>xdm are responsible for stopping
X when you shutdown..)

Ron Rademaker

PS. You can probably do anything you want, whatever it is you want with
only /etc/init.d/xdm (except if you want xdm to run in some runlevels and
not in other runlevels).