Re: Linux on Desktops -- Are there stats anywhere?

On Wed, 14 Jun 2000 03:56:51 +0200, Preben Randhol writes:
>Arcady Genkin <antipode@thpoon.com> wrote on 13/06/2000 (19:05) :
>> My bank rolled out a new version of web banking, which has a bug in
>> Java Script. I sent them a bug report, to which I got a polite reply
>> which boils down to ``Tough luck. We don't test on Linux.''

I had a similar[0] situation here. The bank fixed it when I told them "I
and 7 others I know use your web-banking  on non-Window$-platforms,
together we do ~200k per year. If you want to lose us, that´s fine."
Took them 3 days to fix it ;-)

What I mean is: find some others with the same problem. Together you´ll
probably have better luck.

hth,
&rw

0: java, not -script

--
/ Robert Waldner <Waldner@KPNQwest.at> | Phone: +43 1 89933 0 Fax x533 \
\        KPNQwest/AT tech staff        | Diefenbachg. 35   A-1150 Wien /