Re: helixcode gnome with debian 2.1?

On Tue, Jun 13, 2000 at 11:24:32PM -0500, Kimon Ioannides wrote:
> Does anyone know if helix gnome will work with Debian 2.1 (slink). I've heard
> that it will work with 2.2 and helixcode's website (www.helixcode.com) states that
> the debs are designed for 2.3. Anyone tried helix gnome with 2.1?

It's built against libc6-2.1.  There's no way it could work with slink
unless you upgraded most of it to potato, and then you're better off running
potato.

If you're running Gome, you're probably not running it on any sort of
production server, so I'd suggest using Potato anyway.  It's far nicer, and
I haven't had a problem with it since the great Perl upgrade.

HTH
-Dan

--
"... the most serious problems in the Internet have been caused by
unenvisaged mechanisms triggered by low-probability events; mere human