IP quality

My Linux and NT workstations are very slow uploading files through FTP
lately, usually with dropped connections to the servers before completing. I
have a wireless connection which tops out about 128 Kb/s on good days. I
suspect that the IP is very poor at present, maybe with problems caused by
the firewall. I am not seeing any rejected packets in the firewall's syslog
so I odn't think that is the problem.
Is there a software app that I can run to look at the packets for losses,
misrouting, or other problems. What am I looking for?

Chris Mason
Box 340, The Valley, Anguilla, British West Indies
Tel: 264 497 5670 Fax: 264 497 8463
USA Fax (561) 382-7771
Take a virtual tour of the island
http://net.ai/ The Anguilla Guide