Re: network

Wayne Sitton writes:
> Why doesn't the linux community push for these specs.  I read all the
> time about going after the video chip manufactures to provide specs, Why
> aren't modems looked at in the same fashion?

They are.  However, the winmodem manufactuers buy the DSP software in their
drivers under a ferocious NDA and they are afraid to release any data at
all for fear that the DSP software vendor will accuse them of breaching the
NDA and cancel their licenses.  If they lose those licenses they are out of
business.

Besides, why bother when real modems are readily available?
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org (John Hasler)