Re: Intel i810 XServer?

On 13/06/00 at 16:08 Dave Whiteley spake the following magic words:
>I am trying to configure a Dell machine which has an:-
>"Intel Direct AGP graphics controller embedded in Intel 810 chipset
>for vivid 2D and 3D effects and images" (Well that is what Dell say!)
>
>I have looked around the XFree site and found references to the i810
>server, but have not yet found it.
>
>In the mailing lists I have found one reference to Branden Robinson
>having encountered an "incredibly aggravating problem" with this
>driver.
>
>I cannot find any reference to this driver in the potato dselect
>lists.
>
>How do I install this driver? I have a %bleep% of a lot of work to do
>which I cannot start properly until I have these Dell boxes going, and
>the deadlines are approaching.
>
>Help (Please)
>Dave

Dave,

A quick search on altavista produced:

http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/linuxsoftware.htm

>Intel® 810 Chipset Family
>
>Linux* Software
>
>The tables below contain the latest XFree86* accelerated X Server, and
required Linux* kernel module for the Intel® 810 chipset based >products.
Intel does not guarantee functionality on any specific Linux distribution
although both rpm and tar installations are available >to accommodate the
most common needs.

>Download either the RPM's files or the TAR's files depending on which your
distribution prefers. You do not need both. Please also download >the
documentation as it is not included in the packages. Source patches are
provided for development only, they are not necessary for a >typical
install.

>Minimum Requirements:
>
>XFree86 3.3.5
>Kernel version 2.2.X
>Glibc 2.1
>Gcc

They have RPM's, Tarballs and patches.

See also:

http://www.xfree86.org/3.3.6/i810.html

--
Mark  Herrick - Liverpool - England
mark at blacksky dot co dot uk

through the MessageLabs Virus Control Centre. For further information visit-
http://www.star.net.uk/stats.asp