Re: disk partitions

	Hi David,

	It's more or less under the first 500 MB. You can find more info reading
the large-disk-howto, which refers to the affairs of huge disks and old
BIOSes (quite nasty problems, to tell you the truth).
	You can also get more info with Linux's fdisk.

	Hope that helps,

	Ignasi

At 15.09 12/6/00 EDT, David Dodson ha escrit:
>When creating a multi-boot system I've read that the root directory must be
>within the first 1024 cylinders on the hard disk.  I'm not exactly sure what
>a cylinder is in relation to a hard disk, and how do you find out if it will
>fit or not?

  \______|  els fills abandonats  |_______/

                    from

     Barcelona                Catalonia