Upgrade Red Hat -> Debian without losing /home?

Hello,

I have an old Ultrasparc with Red Hat 6.2 on it, which on this box is at
least as unstable as anything from Microsoft.  Networking will
mysteriously stop working every few weeks for no reason.  Changing
kernels has no effect.  Maximized windows cover up the GNOME panel
regardless of my settings.  The only solution I have found is to
periodically reinstall.  Can I replace RH with Debian without losing
/home?  Everything is on one big partition, and the machine doesn't have
a floppy.

Thanks,

rlr