Re: Memory Problem

> Hello Ralph,
>
> > Ok, first the preferred language in this list is English, not
> > German.
> Ok, I will do so.
>
> > Altho his machine has 128 megs of RAM, he can only see 64 megs.
> >
> > The solution is to include the following command in your lilo.conf
> > and re- run "lilo":
> >
> >   append="mem=128M"
> > (note the capital "M"!)
>
> I did. I wrote it under Image ..... But when I reboot the maschine, it
> tells me a lot of sequentation faults.

Are you sure that you've got 64MB in your computer.
And or that your hardware and bios recognise them.
For instance do you see the memory test running up to 128MB.
In general I think that all new bios kernel combinations
will find the correct amount of memory on their own.
If you specify more memory with the append than you've actually
got, you most likely get the errors you get.

Jo