Re: new legacy Yamaha PCI module in 2.2.16 kernel won't link??

> > undefined reference is found with the error message below.  The
> > ymf_sb.c modules compiles fine and is loaded in the sound.a library.
> > So why won't it link?
> > drivers/sound/sound.a(sound_core.o): In function `soundcore_init':
> > sound_core.o(.text+0x3e5): undefined reference to `init_ymf7xxsb_module'
> > make: *** [vmlinux] Error 1
> Oops. Thats a bug. Build it modular I'll squash that in .17

What would cause a undefined reference to a function during linking that
wouldn't show up during compile time?  Is it a make issue?  Is it a linker
issue?

							Jonathan

                           Jonathan Paul Cowherd
                        jpcowh01@slug.louisville.edu
                         http://slug.louisville.edu

This is my world and I am...                           World Leader Pretend