OT: wine hangs when executing winhelp

I finally have wine running Quicken2000.

"Help" wasn't working at all. I found that I didn't have winhelp.exe or
winhlp32.exe in wine's c:\windows directory. When I put either or both of
these programs in place (using win95 for exe and dll), it gives this error
and hangs Quicken:

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x9aac)!
err:seh:EXC_DefaultHandling Exception frame is not in stack limits =>
unable to dispatch exception.
X Error of failed request:  BadIDChoice (invalid resource ID chosen for
this connection)
  Major opcode of failed request:  1 (X_CreateWindow)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x4401402
  Serial number of failed request:  39597

MSPAINT does a similar thing:

Xlib: unexpected async reply (sequence 0x267f)!
X Error of failed request:  BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
  Major opcode of failed request:  54 (X_FreePixmap)
  Resource id in failed request:  0x4400796
  Serial number of failed request:  9856

The Xlib error happens right away. The "failed request" error I think
might happen after I hit ^C in the xterm where I launched wine.

Is Help meant to work? I'm using wine_1%3a0.20000602.034622_i386.deb from
deb http://www.hungrycats.org/%7Edrunkard/debian drunkard main

...RickM...