From: Shane Wegner [mailto:shane@cm.nu]
Sent: Tuesday, June 06, 2000 9:57 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Excluding a directory with dump(8)

Hi all,

I am having trouble figuring out how to exclude an entire directory in a
filesystem dump using dump(8).  Dump appears to only have an exclude inode
option.  The manpage says that one can use stat to find the inode numbers of
files and directories.  However, when I stat a directory and pass the inode
number to dump -e, there is no noticable result.

Shane

--
Shane Wegner: shane@cm.nu
Personal website: http://www.cm.nu/~shane/